Real Benefits for Real Professionals
Professional active or Associate AMTA members are covered automatically for both Professional and/or General Liability occurrence form insurance.
UP to $2,000,000 per occurrence and up to $6,000,000 annual aggregate coverage.
AMTA keeps you up-to-date with news about your association, your profession, massage legislation, trends in health care, Public opinion & attitudes about massage therapy and efficacy research results.
Your AMTA resources bring you the latest:
- Annual Report (annually)
- Massage Therapy Journal (quarterly)
- Hands On Newsletter (bi-monthly)
- AMTA’s website – http://www.amtamassage.org/news_publications/index.html (daily)
North Carolina’s website – www.amtanc.org
AMTA provides tools to help you start & grow your practice.
AMTA’s National Locator Service gives names of Professional category members to those seeking a massage therapist. Over 482,000 requests are handled annually. http://www.findamassagetherapist.org/
- Your professional recognition is easily identified when you use AMTA logo artwork on your business cards, brochures or other Practice related material.
- Easy to customize press releases help you advertise your practice.
- AMTA fact sheets and presentation materials are available to members as requested.
- Practice building articles in MTJ (e.g. “Taking Care of Business” &”Successful practice”) help you organize and grow your practice.
- Courtesy resume posting in AMTA’s web-based Job Network for all members
- Chapter Support & Networking
AMTA membership requirements translate to professional recognition for you; Consumer and healthcare practitioners are requesting AMTA members because they know:
- AMTA ensures quality entry-level training through the Commission on massage Therapy Accreditation (COMTA).
AMTA members abide by a Code Of Ethics
- AMTA’s Standards of Practice mean safe, consistent norms are followed by members.
AMTA creates a favorable legislative climate for the practice of massage therapy.
- AMTA operates a Law & Legislative Assistance Program (LLAP) that has provided over a half million dollars to advance fair licensing and legislation for a diverse coalition of massage practitioners.
- AMTA meets with city & state legislators to positively impact new and revised massage legislation.
- AMTA reviews healing arts and CAM licensing bills weekly so they can respond to prospective licensing affecting the massage profession.
- Members can access summaries licensing bills at AMTA’s web site – http://www.amtamassage.org/
- AMTA’s campaign for positive national and local media coverage has resulted in greater acceptance of massage therapy.
- AMTA’s public relations efforts reach over 500 million potential clients annually for you.
- AMTA is educating physicians and other healthcare professionals about the efficacy of massage therapy and how to locate qualified AMTA Professional members for referrals.
- AMTA is supporting over 2 million visits to AMTA’s web based Public Information Center.
Click here to find out about how to join the AMTA